Wednesday, June 22, 2011

There Are Dumb Questions, and People Ask them About Pokemon

We've all heard the expression "there's no such thing as a dumb question", an anecdote to encourage struggling students to speak up when they're confused. Though it might have its place in the classroom, this quip is false. There are dumb questions, and people ask them about Pokemon every day. With my smaller chunks of free time (like standing in line at the grocery store), I answer questions pro bono for a text messaging service that shall remain anonymous. Occasionally I get a meaningful or humorous inquiry, but mostly I receive dreadful English, a poor grasp of the game, and abundant laziness. I answer them all seriously--I hope that I will get part time work from this company. Each question is numbered by said service, and so each post on this blog will have its own number. This isn't advertising, where "reason #108" is actually just reason #4--I really do field as many questions as the number(s) suggest. "Don't Ask: Pokemon" is my collection of the funniest, stupidest, and most ridiculous questions I answer.

Enjoy, and please comment too!

No comments:

Post a Comment